Summary of Skills
- Founder of the Center for Leadership Excellence in Independent Schools
- Coach training from Institute for Generative Leadership and Newfield Network
- U.S. Army Captain – served on active duty in U.S. and Far East
- 16 years of Executive roles in Big 5 Consulting Firms, cutting edge start-ups, non-profits, and Fortune 100 Companies.
- MBA-Marketing from the University of Connecticut
- Certified Marketing Intelligence Specialist from ING Center for Financial Services
- Certified Social Style and Versatility Instructor from Tracom Group
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt from Breakthrough Management Group
- Adjunct Faculty for classes on Service and Operations Management and Process Improvement at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and Connecticut Quality Council
- Member of the International Coach Federation (ICF)
Dave Hasenbalg has spent the last 20 years leading, coaching, and consulting businesses to build collaborative cultures to enable them to make a mark in their industry. He helps organizations find solutions to real-world challenges by illuminating blind spots, building collaborative teams, and coordinating action that produces results. He has an expertise in developing leaders, bringing about change in organizations of all sizes, and eliminating the impediments to effective execution. His practical background is as a military officer as well as a leader in cutting edge, non-profit, and Fortune 100 companies.
Dave has earned an MBA and is also a graduate of several U.S. military specialty and leadership schools including the Department of Defense Information School for Journalism and Public Affairs. He is a certified Leadership Coach from the Institute for Generative Leadership and Newfield Network. He is also certified to teach Social Style and Versatility from the Tracom Group and is a certified Six Sigma Black Belt from Breakthrough Management Group and The Hartford Financial Services Group. Dave is a member good standing of the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Dave is the Founder of the Center for Leadership Excellence in Independent Schools, the premier authority for developing solutions around creating high-performing, collaborative cultures, and developing impactful leadership capabilities at all levels in independent schools across the country.
Dave has led a number of high-profile business units and client projects, including:
Led the evaluation and improvement of operational procedures in a majorbusiness unit of a Fortune 80 company. This effort included coaching andtraining managers and senior executives how to measure and evaluate operational effectiveness. This project increased business unit revenue byapproximately $10 million.
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt proficient in the Six Sigma / Lean principlesand has facilitated classes on them at the Green Belt, Black Belt, andExecutive Champion level. Direct cost savings benefits from Six Sigma projects he has led total over $40 million.
Dave learned and honed much of his leadership skills in the U. S. Army. He spent four years on active duty and over five years in the Army Reserves, including roles as an M1 tank Platoon Leader in Korea, an M1 tank company Executive Officer, and as a tank battalion Personnel Officer. He earned a BA in Communication from the University of Colorado and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Connecticut.